Provincial Cup races, Series Standings, Team Standings, District Points
Provincial Cup Race Results
||Int. Male & Novice Female
||Expert Male & Female
||Junior & Elite
*9th or lower and riders that do not transfer to qualifiers (quarters, semis, mains)
Provincial Series POINTS Explanations
- Any ties in the Provincial series after the final will be broken by a count back of best finishes in the best 4 races + the final for the tied riders. For example, two riders are tied with 800 POINTS after the Provincial Cup final. Using each riders best 4 finishes + the finals, rider A has two first place finishes and rider B has one first place finish. Rider A wins the tie-break. If neither rider has any first place finishes, then it is most second place finishes and so on.
- If a rider advances in ability during the year (e.g. Novice to Int or Int to Expert) their RESULTS to date are carried forward with them to the new class
- If a rider moves to Junior or Elite during the year their RESULTS now carry forward to the new class
- If there is a MAIN in any class ALL riders NOT transferring to the main will receive RESULTS corresponding to 9th or lower on the scale
- In the case of combined classes (due to small numbers) the RESULTS structure will work as follows. This is the same for both combined ability and combined age:
The riders will receive RESULTS from the table corresponding to the class they are registered in. The combined rider(s) will take those RESULTS to their class as they WOULD HAVE PLACED for THEIR ability. The awards of the day are still awarded as placed for that race.
- There is only one 8 Novice Male so he moves to the 8 Intermediate Male class for that race and he takes second place. He receives a second place award for that race and FIRST place NOVICE RESULTS towards his class SERIES ranking (which would be 8 Novice Male in this example)
- There is only one 7 Expert Female so she moves to the 8 Expert Female class for that race. She takes third place. She receives a third place award for that race and FIRST place Expert RESULTS towards her class series ranking (which would be 7 Expert Female in this example)
District points are tabulated by the Alberta Bicycle Association. Updates are monthly (in season). Track operators must submit local race results to
Alberta Bicycle to be reflected here. In 2020 there will be 4 districts each with it's own top male and female.
If you have any questions please
contact Alberta Bicycle